Fleas and ticks are bad news for all dog parents. Without prevention, your dog might get infested with these pests, which can bite them to death and transmit dangerous diseases.
The two most common methods of tick and flea preventative treatment are spot-on treatments and oral chewable tablets that provide a long-lasting barrier against ticks and fleas. So! Bravecto Spot-On Or Chews?
Bravecto (MSD Animal Health) is one such globally recognized brand to treat fleas and ticks. It is a fast acting and long lasting treatment that is available in both topical and oral forms. But which one of them is better? Let’s dig deeper to find that out!
What is Bravecto Spot-On?
Bravecto spot-on is one of the best vet-recommended treatments for fleas and ticks. If you ask why, it gives longer lasting protection than most other popular treatments. The majority of topical treatments offer one-month protection, whereas Bravecto is exceptional here as it offers 3 months of protection!
What is Bravecto chewable?
Bravecto chews are for those pets that don’t do well with topical administrations. Bravecto chewables are highly palatable chews that even the fussiest dogs take up easily. The effects of one single chew last for 3 months.
So It’s important that One should have Proper Bravecto Dose Guidance For Dogs Based On Size And Weight
Bravecto: Key Takeaways
- Bravecto comes in the form of a topical solution or a chewable tablet.
- Bravecto is an approved flea and tick treatment.
- Fluralaner is its active ingredient, and it is generally well tolerated by pets.
- The fast-acting oral formulation begins killing fleas within 2 hours and ticks within 12 hours of ingestion.
- Within 72 hours of dosing, the topical formulation kills 100 percent of fleas and more than 90 percent of ticks.
- Bravecto is also effective against lone star ticks for 8 weeks following administration.
- According to studies, a single dose of Bravecto is more than 99 percent effective.
- Bravecto is intended to be given at 12-week intervals.
So, What Exactly Is The Deal With Bravecto? What Else Do You Need To Know? Let’s Find Out!
How Does Bravecto Work?
Bravecto contains “Fluralaner” as its main ingredient. After administering Bravecto chew or Bravecto spot-on to your pet, the active component fluralaner is absorbed into the bloodstream and rapidly reaches the tissue fluids immediately beneath your pet’s skin. Fleas and ticks consume fluralaner as they feed on your pet and die quickly.
Dosage Chart For Bravecto Chew and Bravecto Spot-On:
Which Bravecto Treatment Is Better For Your Dog, Spot-On Or Chews?
Bravecto is available as a delectable chew as well as a topical “spot-on” solution, so whether your pup is a wriggler with sensitive skin or a chew-Fido, Bravecto is the ultimate prevention for them.
Both therapies have the potential to provide the best possible care for your dog. However, it all boils down to personal preference and what your dog demands. You must choose one depending on a variety of factors such as how long you need the therapy for, whether your dog enjoys chewing or applying topicals to their skin, and so on. If you are unable to make that call, it is best to see a veterinarian for expert assistance.