Summer is the most awaited season of the entire country. It has a sunny spark that charges up everybody’s life by adding extra energy. People love to spend their time around beaches with their family and friends leaving their worries behind. But, for a dog this season can be totally opposite as flea and tick infestation would create a great deal of issues for them. Though the summer splash would make everyone happier, the primary threat of fleas and ticks would haunt all pet parents throughout the summers.
The warm temperature and the humidity of these sunny days increase the transition of flea life-cycle stages. As a result, these pests hatch faster in the summer than they do in any other season. If your furry pal is not treated with an effective flea and tick treatment, then he is susceptible to this pest infestation and the diseases that they bring. Choosing a perfect treatment for your canine can make things easier. While on the subject, Frontline Plus for dogs is the most popular flea and tick treatment. Most veterinary practitioners recommend all pet parents to apply this topical treatment to fight these pests.
Let’s have a look at the answers of all the common queries regarding Frontline Plus!
What is Frontline Plus?
Frontline Plus is a topical treatment for fleas and ticks in dogs. Being introduced in Sept. 2000 by Merial, the world’s leading animal health company, this treatment has been the most recommended flea and tick preventive from past 14 years. This broad spectrum treatment is considered to be one of the most successful flea controls.
How does it work?
Frontline Plus for dogs is developed by combining Fipronil, the main ingredient of Merial and (s)-methoprene, an insect regulator. This combination works effectively to keep fleas and ticks away from dogs. Fipronil attacks adult fleas damaging their nervous transmission while (s) – methoprene eliminates the juvenile stages of fleas. Thus, on its application your poodles can be free from fleas as well as its re-infestation.
What are the basic things that pet parents should know about Frontline Plus?
- It is a monthly spot-on treatment from the house of Merial.
- Frontline Plus is safe for all breeds and sizes of dogs that are above 8 weeks of age.
- Color coded packs for different weight ranges of dogs are available for this flea control. It is advisable to weigh your canine and thereafter select an appropriate pack for him.
- It is a waterproof treatment.
- Frontline Plus for dogs 24 hours to kill the fleas while it takes up to 48 hours to eliminate ticks from a dog’s body.
How to apply this treatment to your canines?
Being a spot-on treatment, its application may need a bit of your time. Wash your hands before its application to your canine. Part the fur between the shoulder blades of your pooch where he cannot lick. Break the pipette and empty its content on that single spot in case of medium dogs. For larger breed dogs, apply its content at 4-5 spots starting from the shoulder blades and move across the spine till the base of the tail.
Why should you go for Frontline Plus for dogs?
- Being a topical treatment, Frontline Plus is easy to apply. This treatment wouldn’t be messy unlike flea control sprays and dips.
- If you choose Frontline Plus over dips and sprays, your poodles will be able to swim to their heart if he is a water lover. Yes! This treatment is waterproof.
- This long lasting treatment remains effective for a whole month and you would not need to apply any other treatment until next month, unlike dips and sprays which may need a second application in 2 weeks.
- If you have a pregnant or lactating female, Frontline Plus is safe to apply to them. Although it is recommended to check with your vet before its application.
- This quick treatment kills fleas and four types of ticks, lone star ticks, American dog ticks, brown ticks and Deer ticks. The use of this flea control will spare you from buying two different treatments for fleas and ticks.
- The worries of flea re-infestation can be kept aside as Frontline Plus for dogs diminishes the juvenile stages of fleas along with the adult fleas.
- Frontline Plus for Dogs can protect your pooch from the flea allergy dermatitis.
- Because of its vast popularity, this treatment is easily available.
Where can you get cheaper Frontline Plus?
OTC prices of Frontline Plus can really affect your budget. If you want to save your precious bucks buy Frontline Plus online from the pet care stores. You just need to find a perfect online seller that slashes your expenses and makes pet care affordable.
Are there any side effects of Frontline Plus?
Usually there are no side effects of this treatment which is why it has remained in a constant demand and has gained wide popularity. But, in case of after effects like itching on the applied spot, hair loss, etc. immediate vet consultation is recommended.
All in all, Frontline Plus for dogs has everything that any pet parent may need to free their pets from fleas and ticks. It is a long lasting, waterproof, effective and easy-to-use flea and tick control. Being widely known and appreciated for its effectiveness, this treatment can be easily available. You can buy cheaper Frontline Plus from online sellers to maintain your budget and gift a flea free summer to your furry friends!