What is Revolution for Cats?
Revolution has been considered one of the best parasitic treatments for cats. Why so? Because first of all, the solution is topical and quick drying and works for a complete 30 days. Secondly, it is a multi-spectrum treatment which not just treats adult flea infestation but also kills the flea eggs, thereby, preventing further infestation. Besides, it also kills ear mites and hence is used as a treatment strategy for Sarcoptic mange. Revolution has been also seen effective against American dog ticks. Coming over to internal parasites in cats, Revolution is also a potent wormer which treats roundworms and hookworms. The product is also highly effective against prevention of heartworm disease and is hence known as the most powerful flea and parasite control for cats.
Other Properties of Revolution Topical Parasiticide for Cats
- Revolution is an advanced formula with a quick drying ability which allows people to cuddle their pet as soon as the solution dries. They don’t have to refrain themselves from scooping the pet in their arms for long. However, it is important to wait for at least two hours to bath your pet to allow the solution to properly seep inside the skin and dry, so, it remains effective for the entire month.
- Revolution is a non-greasy product and thus won’t leave your hand oily when you touch your dog.
- The product is odorless and hence won’t cause any kind of skin irritation in pets nor will it trouble your nose.
- Revolution can be safely used on breeding and nursing cats.
- It can also be used on kittens that are over 6 weeks of age.
How Revolution Works
Revolution has an active ingredient called Selamectin which is a parasiticide and anthelmintic. This ingredient acts on the nervous system of the parasites and causes hyperactivity which in turn kills the critter. In intestinal worms as well, the chemical disrupts the nerve signals thereby killing the worms and eliminating them from the intestinal tract.
Order Revolution for Cats Here | Free Shipping!
How to Apply Revolution to Cats
- Prepare your cat for the administration of the solution. Make her stand in a comfortable position.
- Ensure her coat is completely dry.
- Wear protective gloves before handling the product.
- Part the fur gently at the base of the neck to expose the skin. Make sure there is no broken skin or sores on the application site.
- Hold the pipette with the cap pointing in an upward direction. Now press the cap down firmly to puncture the seal of the tube. Once the seal is open, place the tip on the visible skin.
- Now squeeze the pipette three to four times so the entire content comes out on the spot.
- Discard the used pipette and dispose of in a place where your children and pets cannot reach.
- Wash your hands after the application.
Important Points To Consider
- Do not use cat product on the dog.
- Treat all the cats in your house at the same time so the infestation doesn’t spread.
- Wait for a minimum of 2 hours before shampooing your pet or getting him wet.
- Do not touch your eyes if the solution spilled on your fingers. Flush your eyes with water immediately if at all you did.
- Regularly vacuum your house and wash all the clothes and cat’s belongings so the flea infestation doesn’t recur.
Well, Revolution does have some side effects on certain cats but that is very rare and minor. You may see discoloration, powdery residue or stiff hair at the site of application. However, if in case a cat experiences vomiting, loose stools, diarrhea or muscle tremors, contact the vet immediately. Most importantly, you must know beforehand that your cat is not allergic to Selamectin.