Comfortis is a scientific formulation that comes in a chewable tablet form and is effectively used for treating fleas in dogs. It is a monthly dosage treatment that needs to be administered orally. This chewable starts killing fleas in 30 minutes and prevents further parasitic infestations. Moreover, this monthly treatment is safe for dogs and puppies over 14 weeks of age.
Comfortis - How it works?
Manufactured by Novartis/Elanco, Comfortis has Spinosad as its active ingredient. Spinosad paralyses the fleas by attacking their central nervous system, thereby eliminating them. Furthermore, it also prevents these parasites from harming your pet again for one full month.
Direction for use
- Comfortis chewable is administered directly in the dog’s mouth or it can also be mixed with food.
- Give 140mg tablet available in pink box to dogs weighing between 5-10 lbs (2.3 - 4.5 kg).
- Give 270mg tablet available in orange box to dogs weighing between 10-20lbs (4.5 -9 kg).
- Give 560mg tablet available in green box to dogs weighing between 20-40lbs(9 -18 kg).
- Give 810mg tablet available in blue box to dogs weighing between 40-50lbs(18 -27 kg).
- Give 1620mg tablet available in brown box to dogs weighing between 50-80lbs (27.1 - 54 kg).
- Fast acting treatment that starts killing fleas within 30 minutes
- Easy to administer monthly chewable
- Stops flea life cycle by killing fleas before they lay eggs
- Beef flavored tablets are a treat for the pets
- Spinosad, the ingredient used in Comfortis is an eco-friendly material
- Do not administer to puppies less than 14 weeks of age.
- Consult a veterinarian while treating breeding, pregnant, lactating, and epileptic dogs.
Novartis / Elanco
Eliminates fleas effectively
Removes fleas without any side effects.
using since long and faced no problems yet. happy to have them always in stock.
A great flea preventive!!
This oral treatment really keeps my King Charles Cavalier flea free and I am extremely happy with the results!!