Drontal for Cats
Worms can potentially have deadly effect on the health of young kittens and adult cats. Once they enter into the cat’s body the health of the cat deteriorates since they start feeding the food eaten by the felines which ultimately makes them look skinny and weak. Hence, it is very important for cat owners to use an effective deworming treatment that can eliminate the worms inside the body of the cat. One such product that is quite helpful in this endeavor is Drontal.
Drontal - How it works?
Drontal for cats is veterinarian’s number one deworming treatment to control all types of intestinal worms in cats and kittens along with treatment of gastrointestinal worms including: hookworms, roundworms and tapeworms. Cats love the palatable taste of this chewable tablet which makes it very easy to administer. This oral treatment kills each and every type of intestinal worm that you will ever find in USA in a single dose without making the cat starve. It comes in scored tablet packing that is very easy to break.
Direction for use
- Drontal should not be used in kittens less than 6 weeks of age.
- The recommended dose rates are 57.5 mg/kg pyrantel embonate and 5 mg/kg praziquantel.
This is equivalent to one Drontal Cat Tablets per 4 kg bodyweight and 1 Drontal Cat XL Tablets per 6 kg bodyweight
- To ensure proper dosage, weigh the cat prior to treatment.
- Tablets may be given directly by mouth or offered in a small amount of food.
- Do not withhold food from the cat prior to or after treatment.
- For bodyweight 1.5-1.9 lbs - 1/4 tablet
- For bodyweight 2-3 lbs - 1/2 tablet
- For bodyweight 4-8 lbs - 1 tablet
- For bodyweight 9-12 lbs - 1 ½ tablets
- For bodyweight 13-16 lbs - 2 tablets
(Note: Administer one tablet per 9 lbs bodyweight every 3 months for adults)
- Veterinarians’ first deworming option for cats in the past decade
- A single dose is effective in eliminating all types of worming problems
- Can be clubbed with other parasitic treatments like heartworm prevention, flea and tick treatments and vaccinations
- Can be directly given to the cats or mixed in their food
- Cats are not required to starve before or after the treatment
- A small number of oriental breed cats may display transient lethargy and inco-ordination, but they will recover within a day’s time.
- Do not allow children or other pets to get near this treatment.
- Do not use simultaneously with piperazine compounds.
- Do not use this oral treatment during pregnancy, but you may use it during lactation period.
- Not intended for use in kittens less than 6 weeks of age.
- Side effects of Drontal are rare, but may include loss of appetite, increased salivation, vomiting and diarrhea. If you find anything usual with your cat after administration of this treatment, contact your veterinarian immediately.
- Store at a room temperature below 30 degree Celsius.
- Strictly to be administered to cats only. Do not give it to any other pet.
- This treatment can be given to all cats, including old cats, young kittens, pregnant queens and show cats.
- Wash your hands with soap properly after administering this treatment to cats.
Pyrantel Embonate, Febantel & Praziquantel
A great buy for my kitties
I have adopted two stray cats who need regular Drontal deworming treatment for roundworms and whipworms infection. I have been purchasing this product since last few years and the amazing part is that the auto order feature on BestVetCare enables me to get this amazing treatment every couple of months.
I started using this product many years ago on the recommendation of my vet. Many cats later I am still pleased that it is always so effective. I have discovered that if I wrap it in Malt Paste the tablets go down no problem. An excellent product.
Fast and effective product
This product really works. I work in animal welfare and we use this product with great success. Overnight it eliminates the worms as we see them the next day in the dog’s droppings. Our vet always recommends this product and now I know why.