Drontal for Cats is a potent worming treatment for cats. This excellent formula eradicates all kinds of intestinal worms found in cats. It kills roundworms, hookworms and tapeworms in the intestinal tract of cats and kittens. Routine dosage of Drontal protects the cat from worm infections. This treatment is highly effective in treating as well as preventing infections in cats.
Drontal - How it works?
This treatment is made up of two key ingredients, Praziquantel and Pyrantel embonate. Both ingredients combined work powerfully together and cause spasm and paralysis of the parasites. Thereafter, the parasites are eliminated through the pet’s system through the natural process. It is an excellent treatment for intestinal worm infection in cats.
Direction for use
- Drontal should not be used in kittens less than 6 weeks of age.
- The recommended dose rates are 57.5 mg/kg pyrantel embonate and 5 mg/kg praziquantel. (This is equivalent to one Drontal Cat Tablets per 4 kg bodyweight and 1 Drontal Cat XL Tablets per 6 kg bodyweight.)
- To ensure proper dosage, weigh the cat prior to treatment.
- Tablets may be given directly by mouth or offered with a small amount of food.
- Do not withhold food from the cat prior to or after treatment.
- For bodyweight 1.5-1.9 lbs - 1/4 tablet
- For bodyweight 2-3 lbs - 1/2 tablet
- For bodyweight 4-8 lbs - 1 tablet
- For bodyweight 9-12 lbs - 1 ½ tablets
- For bodyweight 13-16 lbs - 2 tablets
(Note: Administer one tablet per 9 lbs bodyweight every 3 months for adults)
- Veterinarians’ first deworming option for cats in the past decade
- A single dose is effective in eliminating all types of worming problems
- Can be clubbed with other parasitic treatments like heartworm prevention, flea and tick treatments and vaccinations
- Can be directly given to the cats or mixed in their food
- Cats are not required to starve before or after the treatment
- A small number of oriental breed cats may display transient lethargy and inco-ordination, but they will recover within a day’s time.
- Do not allow children or other pets to get near this treatment.
- Do not use this oral treatment during pregnancy in cats, but you may use it during lactation period.
- Not intended for use in kittens less than 6 weeks of age.
- Side effects of Drontal are rare, but may include loss of appetite, increased salivation, vomiting and diarrhea.
- Store at a room temperature below 30 degree Celsius.
- This treatment can be given to all cats, including old cats, young kittens, pregnant queens and show cats.
- Wash your hands with soap properly after administering this treatment to cats.
Pyrantel Embonate, Febantel & Praziquantel
great shopping experience
Received my purchase within the expected time frame and it was as described. I was skeptical about the site but my experience was great. No issues at all, no regrets.
Just works great, never had issues with this product.
I regularly give this product to my kitty. No more worm infection.