Advantage Multi (Advocate) for cats is a broad-spectrum treatment that protects felines against fleas, intestinal worms, heartworms, ear mites, lice and sarcoptic mange. It rapidly kills 100% adult fleas within a short period of 12 hours. It is a monthly spot-on treatment that prevents re-infestations by destroying flea life stages.
Advantage Multi - How it works?
Manufactured by Bayer, Advantage Multi (Advocate) is a topical monthly spot-on treatment for killing and controlling fleas, hookworms, roundworms, whipworms, ear mites and preventing heartworms. It attacks flea larvae found in the environment. Imidacloprid and Moxidectin, its active ingredients attack the nervous system of parasites, disrupt their neurotransmissions and eventually kill them.
Advocate starts killing parasites within an hour of application and remains effective for an entire month.
Direction for use
- Advantage Multi (Advocate) is available in two different packs categorized by the weight of cats. Orange pack for kittens and cats with bodyweight up to 10 lbs and Purple pack for cats with bodyweight over 10 lbs.
- Weigh your pet and choose the appropriate packet.
- Create a spot at the base of the skull by parting the fur in that area until the skin is visible.
- Invert the opened Advocate pipette in a way that its tip touches the spot.
- Squeeze out the solution and empty the pipette.
- It is safe to use on kittens, adult cats, pregnant and lactating queens. Repeat on a monthly basis, on the same date.
- Protects felines against various internal and external parasites
- Fast acting treatment that lasts for a month
- Easy to administer topical treatment
- Waterproof treatment that lasts even if the pet gets wet
- Suitable for kittens, adult cats, breeding and nursing cats
- Apply only on undamaged skin.
- Keep away from cat’s eyes and mouth.
- Until the application site is dry, do not allow pets to groom each other or children to play with the treated pets.
- Do NOT allow the treated animal to lick the application site.
- Abnormal respiration, vomiting, excessive salivation and tremors might be observed if the cat licks the applied site. These are temporary signs but if these persist for long then consult a veterinarian for further advice.
- After application, wash your hands and exposed skin thoroughly with soap and water.
- Keep away from your eyes and face.
- Keep away from children, food items and animal feeds.
Warning:Dogs of some breeds like collies are sensitive to moxidectin. They can suffer more or less serious adverse effects if treated at dose rates slightly higher than the recommended ones. Consequently, dosing must be as accurate as possible.
Imidacloprid & Moxidectin
Takes time to dry
The solution takes a little time to dry but that's fine because it works.
I like it for my cat
I use this treatment on my cat and it applies easily plus no fleas on sight! Perfect treatment.
Stuff that works
Quick, efficient and less expensive. This stuff really works