Eqvalan Duo is a single shot syringe that is very easy to administer in horses. It targets and destroys different types of worm species, including large and small redworms, roundworms, threadworms, hairworms, tapeworms and different parasites like bots. It is safe to be administered in pregnant/lactating mares and young foals. This treatment is recommended to be used after 3 months of pregnancy. This treatment is recommended for horses more than 2 months of age. Due to its palatable taste, horses love this paste.
Eqvalan Duo - How it works?
Eqvalan Duo, a Merial product contains ivermectin and praziquantel as the two active ingredients. When combined, the ingredients effectively kills parasites by attacking their nerve cells. Both these ingredients kill different types of worms thereby protecting the horses from harmful worm infestations.
Kindly Note:Merial is now acquired by Boehringer Ingelheim. So, the manufacturer’s name on product packs may vary according to the available stock.
Direction for use
- For oral administration only.
- Hold the plunger and turn the knurled ring on the plunger ¼ turn to the left and slide it so the stop ring is at the designated weight marking.
- Lock the ring in place by turning it ¼ turn to the right in order to bring the two arrows, the one visible on the ring and the one on the plunger rod into alignment.
- Ensure that the mouth of the horse contains no feed.
- Get rid of the cover from the tip of the syringe.
- Insert the syringe tip into the mouth of the horse at the inter-dental space and deposit the paste on the base of the tongue.
- Promptly raise the head of the horse for a few seconds after dosing.
- This will ensure that the paste is consumed.
- The recommended dose is 1.29g of paste per 100kg bodyweight in a single treatment.
- Bodyweight and dosage should be accurately determined prior to treatment. The contents of one syringe will treat horses weighing up to 600kg.
- Calibrated markings are provided at 100kg bodyweight intervals.
- The syringe should be adjusted to the calculated dosage by setting the ring on the appropriate place on the plunger. Parasite control program Veterinary advice should be sought on appropriate dosing programs and stock management to achieve adequate parasite control for both tapeworm and roundworm infestations.
- Controls bots in horses
- Specially developed to treat tapeworms in horses
- Prevents infestations caused by different worms
- Safe to be administered in pregnant mares after the first three months of gestation along with lactating mares and foals
- Very easy to administer due to its palatable taste
- Ensure that the product does not come in contact with the skin of the human being. In case of accidental contact, wash the skin properly with soap and water.
- In certain horses, there are rare occurrences of inflammation of the mouth, lip, and tongue which can cause clinical signs, including tongue disorder, hyper-salivation, Stomatitis and oedema. These signs may show up within an hour of administration and may disappear within one to two days of administration. In case there is a severe oral reaction take the horse to the veterinarian.
- Never administer this treatment to foals younger than two months of age.
- Never smoke, eat or drink while administering the treatment.
- Only to be administered in horses and not on any other animal species.
Merial / Boehringer Ingelheim
DUO for horses and mare
we use it on both of our horses - mother and son. happy that we don't have to rely on vet treatments.
I was looking for the best worming treatment, and came across this at the right time. thanks bestvetcare