Prac-tic Spot On for dogs is an effective flea and tick preventative spot on treatment, especially developed for dogs from 8 weeks of age and weighing more than 4 lbs. in bodyweight. It provides extensive protection to dogs from these pesky parasites for one full month. Some of the tick infestations that this treatment protects dogs from include: Amblyomma americanum, Ixodes scapularis, Dermacentor variabilis, and Rhipicephalus sanguineus. Furthermore, Prac-tic can be used as a means to treat and control Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD) in dogs. Lastly, it is safe to use on dogs of all kinds.
Prac-tic Spot On - How it works?
Pyriprole is the active ingredient present in Prac-tic Spot On. It causes disruption in the GABA receptors of the pesky parasites resulting in death through contact with the treatment. It is a very effective treatment that kills fleas within 24 hours of administration and ticks within 48 hours of administration.
Kindly Note: Novartis is now acquired by Elanco. So, the manufacturer’s name on product packs may vary according to the available stock.
Direction for use
- Take a pipette from the pack.
- Hold it in a vertical position.
- Break the top of the snap-off along the scored line.
- Bifurcate the coat of the dog's back between the shoulder blades for the skin to be visible.
- Place the tip of the pipette on the skin and squeeze it gently several times.
- If it is a small dog, then one spot is enough.
- For medium and large dogs multiple spots need to be applied.
- Repeat treatment every month or as advised by your vet.
- Effective against ticks for a month
- Gets rid of 99% ticks within 48 hours of administration
- Kills 100% fleas within 24 hours or administration
- Safe for use on dogs from 8 weeks of age or and above
- Waterproof treatment that ensures efficacy even in water
- Throw away the pipettes in the bin after use.
- Do not bathe or shampoo the dog for two days after administration.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke while administering this treatment on dogs.
- Ensure that the treatment is kept away from the eyes of the dog.
- Keep the product in a well-ventilated area with no direct exposure to sunlight.
- Keep away from children and other pets.
- Do NOT use this product on cats and kittens.
- NOT recommended for dogs younger than 8 weeks of age.
- NOT to be administered on sick or convalescing dogs.
- Safety has not yet been evaluated in breeding, pregnant, or lactating dogs.
Novartis / Elanco
Ssatisfying results, no more fleas, would recommend
affordable spot on
affordable spot on
best flea treatment
Morgan was badly infected with fleas, giving this treatment has helped a lot to control those nasty fleas.