Prac-tic Spot On for dogs is an effective flea and tick preventative spot on treatment, especially developed for dogs from 8 weeks of age and weighing more than 4 lbs. in bodyweight. It provides extensive protection to dogs from these pesky parasites for one full month. Some of the tick infestations that this treatment protects dogs from include: Amblyomma americanum, Ixodes scapularis, Dermacentor variabilis, and Rhipicephalus sanguineus. Furthermore, Prac-tic can be used as a means to treat and control Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD) in dogs. Lastly, it is safe to use on dogs of all kinds.
Prac-tic Spot On - How it works?
Pyriprole is the active ingredient present in Prac-tic Spot On. It causes disruption in the GABA receptors of the pesky parasites resulting in death through contact with the treatment. It is a very effective treatment that kills fleas within 24 hours of administration and ticks within 48 hours of administration.
Kindly Note: Novartis is now acquired by Elanco. So, the manufacturer’s name on product packs may vary according to the available stock.
Direction for use
- Take a pipette from the pack.
- Hold it in a vertical position.
- Break the top of the snap-off along the scored line.
- Bifurcate the coat of the dog's back between the shoulder blades for the skin to be visible.
- Place the tip of the pipette on the skin and squeeze it gently several times.
- If it is a small dog, then one spot is enough.
- For medium and large dogs multiple spots need to be applied.
- Repeat treatment every month or as advised by your vet.
- Effective against ticks for a month
- Gets rid of 99% ticks within 48 hours of administration
- Kills 100% fleas within 24 hours or administration
- Safe for use on dogs from 8 weeks of age or and above
- Waterproof treatment that ensures efficacy even in water
- Throw away the pipettes in the bin after use.
- Do not bathe or shampoo the dog for two days after administration.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke while administering this treatment on dogs.
- Ensure that the treatment is kept away from the eyes of the dog.
- Keep the product in a well-ventilated area with no direct exposure to sunlight.
- Keep away from children and other pets.
- Do NOT use this product on cats and kittens.
- NOT recommended for dogs younger than 8 weeks of age.
- NOT to be administered on sick or convalescing dogs.
- Safety has not yet been evaluated in breeding, pregnant, or lactating dogs.
Novartis / Elanco
using it first time on our pup and waiting for the results
no more infestations
quite effective in eliminating fleas and ticks. has reduced the frequency of flea infestations.
Visible results after applying the treatment