Equimax is an exclusive wormer that treats multiple worm infestations in horses. It is effective against mixed infestations of bots, tapeworms and roundworms. It is the only product that treats all three species of equine tapeworm. This product is safe to be administered to all types of horses over 2 weeks of age. This treatment needs to be administered orally. It is highly palatable in taste which makes it very easy to administer.
Equimax Tablets - How it works?
Equimax Tablets, a Virbac product contains Ivermectin and Praziquantel as the active ingredients. Both these ingredients aid in treating multiple worm infestations giving this product an edge over other worming treatments. All aspects of these tablets, from the shape, thickness to hardness, all assist in maximizing acceptability. The apple flavor in the tablet is easily accepted by all horses.
Direction for use
- Weigh the horse and then select the appropriate pack size.
- This treatment needs to be administered orally.
- Present the tablet in the palm of your hand.
- Repeat the gesture until the complete dose has been administered.
- During the initial administration, the tablet can be combined with a small amount of food or a treat to increase the acceptance by the horse.
- For detailed instructions on administration, check the product label or contact your veterinarian.
Dosage according to bodyweight
- Up to 100 kg - 1 tablet
- 101-200 kg - 2 tablets
- 201-300 kg - 3 tablets
- 301-400 kg - 4 tablets
- 401-500 kg - 5 tablets
- 501-600 kg - 6 tablets
- 601-700 kg - 7 tablets
- 701-800 kg - 8 tablets
- An oral treatment that is very easy to administer
- Protects the horse from gastrointestinal worms, hairworms, threadworms, lungworm, tapeworm, roundworm and bots
- Safe to be administered to horses more than 2 weeks of age
- This treatment is safe to be administered after the first three months of gestation and during lactation
- If your horse is sensitive to any of the active ingredients present in this treatment, do not administer it to him.
- Strictly to be administered to horses only and no other animal species.
- After administering the product, wash your hands properly with soap and water.
- Ensure that the treatment does not enter the eyes of the pet. In case of accidental contact, rinse the eyes with running water.
- Never eat, drink or smoke while administering the treatment.
- Children should be kept away from the product for safety reason.
- Treated horses can be slaughtered for human ingestion only after 35 days from the last treatment.
easy to dose
I find these tab wormer quite easy to administer.. Just put it in fodder and all seems good.
For my horses it's quite difficult to push that tablets down. But for treatment it has to be done means it has to be done. The results proven.