Panacur Worming Paste has been developed for the treatment and control of roundworms and tapeworms in cats and kittens. It is also used to control lungworms in cats. It is the only licensed treatment of Giardia for use in cats if the appropriate dosage is given. It can even be given to pregnant queens. This deworming treatment has an ovicidal effect on nematode eggs. It is used to treat adult dogs and cats infected with gastrointestinal nematodes and cestodes including Ascarid spp., Ancylostoma spp., Trichuris spp., Uncinaria spp. and Taenia spp.
It is also quite effective in treating kittens infected with gastrointestinal nematodes. Moreover, it also treats cats infected with lungworm Aelurostrongylus abstrusus.
Panacur - How it works?
Fenbendazole, an anthelmintic is an active ingredient present in this deworming treatment. It effectively manages acute and chronic stages of parasitic infections in cats. It obstructs the energy metabolism of the worms which instantly cures the gastrointestinal along with respiratory tract infections. It is highly effective on felines and kittens.
Direction for use
This product needs to be given orally by pressing the paste from the syringe on the back of the tongue after feeding.
For Adult Cats:
- Orally administer 2 syringe gradations per 2.20 lbs. bodyweight as a single dose which equals to 100 mg Fenbendazole/kg bodyweight.
- Each 5 g syringe is sufficient to dose up to 19.84 lbs. as a single dose.
- The treatment needs to be repeated when natural reinfection with parasitic worms occurs. Routine treatment of adult animals with minimal exposure to infection is advisable 2 to 4 times a year. More frequent treatment at 6 to 8 weekly intervals is advisable for cats in catteries or on breeder's premises.
For Kittens Under 6 Months of Age
- Orally administer 1 syringe graduation per 2.20 lbs. bodyweight on a daily basis for 3 consecutive days. That means 50 mg Fenbendazole/kg bodyweight daily for 3 consecutive days. Each 5-gram syringe is sufficient to dose up to 13.23 lbs. for 3 consecutive days.
- Assists in treating weaned kittens infected with gastrointestinal roundworms
- Has an ovicidal effect on nematode eggs
- Helps in treating and controlling adult and immature roundworms of the gastrointestinal tract in cats
- Recommended for cats of all ages
- Safe on pregnant queens
- Simple to use
- Treats adult cats infected with gastrointestinal roundworms and tapeworms
- Treats cats infected with lungworm Aelurostrongylus abstrusus
- Intended for animal use only.
- Keep the product away from children and other pets.
- Keep the syringe in outer carton.
- Store the product at a room temperature of below 25 degrees Celsius.
- Throw the empty pipettes of the product in the household waste.
- Try to minimize the contact of the treatment on the pet's skin.
- Wash your hands properly with soap and water after administering the treatment on the pet.
- Wear impermeable rubber gloves while administering the treatment.
- Weigh the pet properly and then select the appropriate pack size of the product.
No contraindications found.
MSD Animal Health
strong wormer - tough on worms and gentle on our cat
Never miss a dose
we never miss a dose in our two savannah cats as they are prone to tapeworm infections