Pyratape P is a broad spectrum anthelmintic that treats adult infections of large and small redworms, ascarids and pinworms found in the gastrointestinal tract of horses, ponies and foals. It also treats and controls tapeworm infections. The product comes in ready to administer, light yellow colored paste form. But it does not kill worm eggs, larvae, lungworm or bots. Due to its highly palatable taste, horses love this paste which makes it very easy to administer.
Pyratape P Worming Paste - How it works?
Pyratape P Horse Worming Paste, an Intervet product contains pyrantel embonate as the active ingredient. Pyrantel embonate is an anthelmintic that disturbs the nerve cells of the worms thereby paralyzing them. It then gets rid of different types of internal worms and protects the horses from worm infestations.
Direction for use
- This treatment is intended to be given orally.
- Weigh the horse and then select the appropriate pack size.
- It comes in syringe form with graduation which is easy to administer to horses.
- Open the mouth of the horse and deposit the dosage ring of the syringe at the appropriate mark on the back of the horse's tongue.
- To improve the swallowing process, raise the head of the horse.
- For further dosage instructions look at the product label or contact your veterinarian.
- Highly palatable in taste which is loved by horses
- Safe for horses and ponies of all ages, including pregnant mares and stallions along with suckling foals
- Treats and controls tapeworm infection along with large roundworms, large strongyles, small strongyles and pinworms in horses
- Very easy to administer
- Do not administer this treatment on horses that are meant for human consumption.
- Store the product at room temperature and ensure the product is not exposed to direct sunlight.
- Ensure that there is no direct contact of the treatment with the skin of a human being. In case of accidental contact, wash the skin with soap and water.
- If there is any unused product and empty container dispose them off in accordance to your local waste regulation authority.
- If your horse is known to have sensitivity towards pyrantel do not administer this treatment to him.
- Never combine the administration of pyrantel with levamisole or piperazine.
- This treatment is not recommended for foals younger than four weeks of age.
- To be intended to be administered in horses and no other animal species.
MSD Animal Health
Continue to use it
I was to order it within a couple of days but just realize we'd bought them in quantity last time around.
It really works!!!
If your horse has redworms, then this certainly is the right product.
For over a year, I've been buying from BestVetCare.com. It allows me to get the products my horse requires while still saving money. I'm so glad I came across this website.