Stronghold Spot-On For Cats
A topical treatment, Stronghold spot-on efficaciously terminates fleas for the entire month because of its adulticidal, ovicidal (its ovicidal properties lasts for 3 weeks) and larvicidal properties. The broad spectrum treatment is the first choice of many veterinarians to treat roundworms, hookworms and prevent heartworms (heartworms are rare in cats but it’s better to be safe) in cats. The spot-on is safe for breeding, pregnant and lactating queens. It also controls the flea infestations in the environment around the treated cat.
Stronghold - How it works?
The active ingredient, Selamectin quickly reaches into the skin and bloodstream of the pet. Thereafter, it starts eradicating fleas, flea eggs, flea larvae and any other parasites present in the pet’s system. Selamectin is neurotoxc to the parasites thus causes their death by paralysis. The active ingredient ensures full protection from fleas and flea infestation.
Direction for use
- Do not use the spot-on on the kittens under 6 weeks of age.
- Remove the stronghold pipette from the protective packaging and then press the applicator with your thumb to puncture the seal and then remove the cap.
- Make your cat stand in a comfortable position, part the fur at the base of neck area, and apply the spot-on on the targeted region.
- Cats should be treated monthly for optimal results.
- Administer the product according to the weight and age.
- Consult your vet if your cat is sick or aging.
- Wash your hands after the application.
- It’s strictly for external use.
- Consult your vet if the treatment is swallowed.
- Monthly flea treatment kills flea eggs, larvae, and adult fleas
- The broad spectrum treatment also treats roundworm and hookworm infestations, chewing lice and ear mites in cats
- Stronghold is considered effective in controlling flea allergy dermatitis (FAD)
- Easy to apply topical solution
- Stronghold is waterproof, you just have to wait for 2 hours for the solution to be absorbed by the cat's body
- Extremely safe and has almost negligible side-effects
- Extremely safe for pregnant, breeding and lactating queens
- If you have very sensitive skin, don’t apply it with bare hands.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Wash hands thoroughly after the usage with soap and water.
- Do not smoke, eat or drink while administering the treatment.
- If you notice any sort of adverse reactions, immediately call your vet, however, there are very rare chances of the occurrence of any adverse reactions.
- Keep the treated animals away from the fire sources for at least 2 hours.
- Direct contact with the treated cats should be avoided until the cat’s skin has soaked up the solution.
- Don’t let the children play with the cat on the day of treatment and also ensure they don’t sleep with the treated animals.
- For ear mites do not administer directly in the ear canal.
- Reversible neurological signs, including seizures, have been observed in very rare cases after the administration of Stronghold.
- Store in a cool and dry place.
best treatment and quite helpful in removing those pesky nuts.
Effect lasts long!
I really liked this product because its effect lasts longer. I am happy to see my cats flea-free.