Strongid-P Paste is a broad spectrum horse wormer that aids in controlling and removing mature infections of large strongyles, large roundworms, pinworms, and small strongyles in horses and ponies. This treatment is effective against benzimidazole-resistant small strongyles. Strongid-P is an ideal worming treatment for horses.
Strongid-P - How it works?
Strongid-P Horse Paste, a Pfizer product is a pale yellow to buff paste that contains pyrantel embonate in a disposable plastic syringe/oral doser. Each oral doser consists of 11.41g pyrantel embonate in 26.00 g paste. Pyrantel Embonate, the active ingredient present in this deworming paste interrupts the nerve cells of worms thereby paralyzing them. This treatment assists in getting rid of pinworms, roundworms, tapeworms and red-worms from horses and foals.
Direction for use
- Each weight mark indicates the recommended dose for 300 lb. of horse body-weight.
- Keep the locking ring over the befitting mark on the plunger.
- Remove the cap from the nozzle.
- Place the paste on the upper surface of the tongue and then introduce the nozzle end of the oral doser at the corner of the mouth.
- Move the oral doser backwards and compress the plunger to deposit the paste on the tongue of the horse.
- If you administer the paste this way, it is unlikely to have any rejection.
- Raising the head of the horse by a hand under the chin would aid in the swallowing process.
- If only a part of the paste has been utilized, replace the cap on the oral dozer nozzle.
- An oral treatment
- Effective against roundworms, pinworms, small strongyles and large strongyles
- The best worming treatment for horses
- Safe for horses and ponies more than 4 weeks of age
- Very easy to administer
- The product needs to be kept at a room temperature below 25 degrees Celsius.
- Keep the product away from direct sunlight.
- If the product has been partly used then finish it off within two months.
- Use the same syringe for two pets if they are both healthy and are either running together or are on the same premises in direct contact with each other.
- The treatment should not get in direct contact with the skin. In case of accidental exposure to the skin, wash it properly with soap and water.
- For direct oral administration only.
- Strictly for animal treatment.
- Do not allow children to get near the product.
No worm infection
Can't find better than this when it comes to worm infection in my horses. Usually start giving this before worm season starts here in our region.
Good. Does the job intended to rid horses of worms
Effective agains pinworms
Effective agains pinworms. I used this previously for treating roundworms in our barn but as one of our ponies got infected with pinworms, our vet suggested this product and it worked well.