Fleas on pets are problematic to eliminate. The best remedy is to keep environment around the pets sanitized. In spite of precautions, fleas find their way anyhow and attack pets. Fortunately, a number of treatments are now available to combat the flea threat. Activyl for Cats is one such product that needs to be applied only once a month to provide complete protection against adult fleas and flea eggs and larvae. It is important to disrupt the flea life cycle by wiping out its eggs and larvae. Activyl does just that - it prevents flea reinfestation by eliminating eggs and larvae besides killing adult fleas.
Activyl - How it works?
Activyl contains a lethal active ingredient, Indoxacarb, which works by using a method called bioactivation in which Indoxacarb is activated using the flea’s own enzymes. When a flea attacks your pet, it absorbs the active ingredient, which causes the enzymes within the flea’s gut to change. The flea becomes too weak to feed due to paralyzing effect of Activyl and dies.
Direction for use
- Allow your cat to stand in a relaxed position.
- Part the fur on the neck of your cat until skin is visible.
- Cut open the seal and put the applicator directly on the spot visible.
- Squeeze empty the entire content on the visible skin.
- Allow the application to dry and prevent your cat from grooming with other pets.
- Repeat the treatment every month.
- Once-a-month spot-on topical treatment with a unique mode of action that acts within 8 hours of application and provides 4 week protection
- Safe on kittens 8 weeks and older and weighing 2 lbs and above
- Dries quickly, is fragrance-free and remains waterproof even after bathing
- Acts against adult fleas and prevents reinfestation by disrupting flea lifecycle
- This product should not be used on puppies, dogs and other pets.
- Do to use on kittens and cats under 8 weeks of age and weighing below 2 lbs.
- Using Activyl on expecting, lactating, old or debilitated cats may be dangerous. Seek advice from your veterinarian.
- Never apply more than once a month.
- Toxic ingredients may damage your eyes and skin. In case of accidental exposure, rinse the affected parts thoroughly and contact poison control centre. If swallowed, drink 1 or 2 glasses of water, do not induce vomiting before calling a doctor.
Activyl for cats contains the active ingredient Indoxacarb (19.53%) besides residual ingredients (80.47%) in applicator sachets available in two dosages – 0.51 ml (0.02 fl oz) for cats and kittens weighing 2-9 lbs and 1.03 ml (0.03 fl oz) applicators for cats over 9 lbs.
MSD Animal Health
My cat is fine with it
The cat does seem to startle a bit when applied but she settles down quickly.
This product is super easy to use.
using since five months and its going great