Panacur worming granules is a broad-spectrum treatment for dogs. It eliminates intestinal worms as well as respiratory tract infections. Moreover, this oral formulation is extremely effective on roundworms, hookworms, whipworms, and tapeworms. Furthermore, Panacur worming granules is highly safe to use on dogs and puppies over the age of two weeks.
Panacur Worming Granules - How it works?
Panacur Worming Granules contains Fenbendazole as an active ingredient. It is quite effective against different forms of gastrointestinal worms like roundworms, tapeworms, whipworms, and hookworms. This ingredient obstructs the energy metabolism of the disease-causing parasite that results in the total abolishment of gastrointestinal and respiratory tract infections.
Direction for use
- Before giving the dose to the pet measure their bodyweight and then administer one or combination of the sachets which matches their bodyweight.
- Give the dose by mixing it in the pet's food.
- If any natural re-infection with parasitic worms occurs, repeat this treatment
- Recommended treatment for routine treatment of adult pets for minimal exposure to infection is 2 to 4 times in a year.
- If your doggy stays in kennel, then a more frequent treatment needs to be given at an interval of 6 to 8 weeks.
- This treatment can currently be availed in the pack size of 3 sachets: 1 gram, 1.8 grams and 4.5 grams of granules.
- 1 g sachet / dose treats 4.4 lbs. bodyweight as a single dose (2.4 lbs. - 4.4 lbs.)
- 1.8 g sachet / dose treats 8.8 lbs. bodyweight as a single dose (4.4 lbs. - 8.8 lbs.)
- 4.5 g sachet / dose treats 22 lbs. bodyweight as a single dose (11 lbs. - 22 lbs.)
For dogs weighing over 22 lbs. additional sachets might be required according to the additional bodyweight.
Weaned puppies & kittens under six months of age
Administer 50 mg Fenbendazole per 2.2 lbs. bodyweight of the pet daily for 3 consecutive days.
Practical Dosage Recommendations:
- 1 g sachet / dose treats 8.8 lbs. bodyweight (minimum weight 4.8 lbs.) dosed daily for three consecutive days (4.8 lbs. - 8.8 lbs.)
- 1.8 g sachet / dose treats 17.6 lbs. bodyweight dosed daily for three consecutive days (9.9 lbs. - 17.6 lbs.)
- 4.5 g sachet / dose treats 44 lbs. bodyweight dosed daily for three consecutive days (22 lbs. - 44 lbs.)
For dogs/puppies weighing over 44 lbs. additional sachets are required according to the additional bodyweight. Assess the bodyweight as precisely as possible and then administer one or combination of the above sachets, which most closely doses this bodyweight. Administer the dose by mixing it into the feed.
If your puppy/ kitten is unweaned then he/she needs to be treated with Panacur 2.5% or 10% Liquid or Panacur Paste.
Puppies need to be treated at 2 weeks of age, 5 weeks of age and again before leaving the premises of the breeder. This treatment may also be required at 8 and 12 weeks of age. Thereafter, you can reduce the frequency of the treatment unless the puppy remains in the kennel where reinfestation occurs more readily.
Administer 25mg Fenbendazole per 2.2 lbs. bodyweight daily from day 40 of pregnancy continuously to 2 days post-whelping which can be roughly 25 days.
Practical Dosage Recommendations:
- 1 g sachet / dose treats 17.6 lbs. bodyweight dosed daily for approximately 25 days.
- 1.8 g sachet / dose treats 35.2 lbs. bodyweight dosed daily for approximately 25 days.
- 4.5 g sachet / dose treats 88 lbs. bodyweight dosed daily for approximately 25 days.
For female dogs weighing over 88 lbs. additional sachets may be required according to the additional bodyweight.
This worming treatment is safe to be given to pregnant cats.
Increased dosing for specific infections
- For the treatment of clinical worm infestations in adult dogs and cats or Giardia spp. infections in dogs, administer 50mg Fenbendazole per 2.2 lbs. bodyweight for 3 consecutive days.
- For control of lungworm Oslerus (Filaroides) osleri in dogs administer 50mg Fenbendazole per 2.2 lbs. bodyweight daily for 7 consecutive days. A repeated course of treatment may be required in certain cases.
- For the control of lungworm Aelurostrongylus abstrusus in cats administer 50mg Fenbendazole per 2.2 lbs. bodyweight for 3 consecutive days.
- Broad spectrum wormer in dogs
- Treats intestinal worms effectively
- Very easy to administer
- Safe to use on puppies and dogs
- Cures respiratory tract infections
- Children should be kept away from this product.
- For animal consumption only.
- Wash your hands with soap and water after administering.
- Not recommended for puppies below two weeks.
MSD Animal Health
Easy to mix
Easy to mix in the food and work is done
Effective aganist worms
highly effective against all sorts of worms. would recommend
Effective dog and cat wormer, dog seems to like the taste when added to his meals, which makes it easier to give.