Equest Gel for Horses
Equest Oral Gel is a moxidectin horse wormer used for the treatment and control of adult and larval stages of internal parasites in horses and ponies. This is quite effective against benzimidazole resistant strains of cyathostomes. It is highly economical as only 4 single doses are required for year around bot and roundworm control. Equest has a remarkably long duration of action worming horses for 13 weeks. It also remains in the horse system for a further 2 weeks once treated, thereby reducing the horse's risk of re-infection and pasture contamination. This is safe to use in foals over 4 months of age, mares, stallions, ponies, and horses. Mares may be treated at any stage of pregnancy and lactation.
Direction for use
- For oral administration.
- One 14.8g syringe contains sufficient gel to treat one 700 kg horse at the recommended dose rate (0.4 mg moxidectin per kg bodyweight).
- Each graduation on the calibrated syringe delivers sufficient gel to treat 25 kg bodyweight.
- Use of a scale or weigh tape is recommended to ensure accurate dosing.
- To avoid overdosing, care should be taken to accurately dose foals, especially low bodyweight foals or young ponies.
- The recommended dosing interval for the control of small strongyles is 13 weeks.
- Consult your veterinary surgeon for the appropriate program for your specific needs.
- Controls gastrointestinal worms and bots in horses
- Highly palatable oral gel
- Can be used in pregnant and lactating mares
- Treatment for horses only.
- Keep away from children and pets.
- Do not overdose young horses.
- Do not treat the horses meant for human consumption.
- Do not use in sick, debilitated and underweight horses.
- Do not administer to young foals less than 4 months.
- Store it in a cool place away from direct sunlight.
I've used this wormer for years highly recommended
Using this brand for many years for worming horses and still going great. I am confident it is an effective treatment . Would recommend
The wormer gel work well. They can be difficult for other but seems quite easy to push through my horse's mouth. Once given job is done.